Government of Galena
Incorporated 1860. Population: 600.
The government of Galena strives to make our small town, the gateway to Maryland’s Eastern Shore, the best town that it can be. We rely on our community members to take an active part in making the town of Galena the wonderful town that it is, and are here to support you and your needs. Elections to the Town of Galena government are held in May, every two years. The next election will take place May 2019.
All Town of Galena Meetings are open to the public and held at the Town Office at 101 S. Main Street, Galena, MD.
The Town Office is open Monday-Friday from 9AM-4PM Vestibule hours from 9:30AM-3:30PM
Unable to attend? Listen to the meetings by following the links below:
- July 6th, 2021 at 7:00 PM due to holiday First Monday of the Month, 7 PM: Mayor & Council Members Meeting
- Next Meeting June 21, 2021 Last Monday of the Month, 6 PM: Planning & Zoning Board Meeting
- Third Wednesday of each Month (if needed): Mayor & Council Workshop
- Third Monday in January, April, July and October: Parks, Recreation and Tree Committee Quarterly Meeting
- The Board of Appeals holds a hearing upon receipt of an application for a variance or conditional use.